Indian head massage is a flowing sequence of 50 non- invasive, relaxing and rhythmic movements. The client is seated in a chair fully clothed while the I.H.M. practitioner stimulates three of the body’s energy centers: the brow, crown and throat chakras. The therapy focuses on relieving tension and stress, re-balancing the body, increasing circulation and releasing harmful toxins by massaging the shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp, face and ears. Let this Ayurvedic massage soothe your mind and body to allow the energy within to flow freely.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
An Indian Head Massage may prove beneficial by:
- Relieving built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain..
- Detoxifying the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Boosting overall immunity
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels.
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration.
- Soothes symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system.
- Relieves Mandibular Joint Tension.
- Increases muscle tone.
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis.
- Boosts cerebral spinal fluid circulation.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia.
An Indian Head massage may also improve overall mental health by:
- Relieving symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Providing relief from stress and promotes relaxation
- Improving concentration levels
- Renewing energy levels
- Increasing feelings of peace, calm and well being.
- Boosting memory capabilities
- Increasing feelings of awareness and a sense of calm, peace and tranquility due to the re-balancing of the chakras.
Please contact me for more information or to book an appointment.